Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Scribe/Clinical Informatics Specialist (Full-time)
Oak Street Health is a network of value-based neighborhood primary care centers throughout the Midwest. Oak Street operates an innovative model that drives patient engagement, improves health outcomes, and manages medical costs for the older adult population. In this virtuous cycle: every dollar saved is another dollar we can reinvest to improve patient care. Our model supports our social mission of improving the health and happiness of our patients and the community.
The goal of this position is to be the personal data assistant to the provider. This means you handle informatics responsibilities for providers during patient visits in our centers. CISs are trained to be experts in structured clinical assessments, accurate and specific documentation, population health workflows, and team based care. A major goal will be to also facilitate efficient and effective medical care for our patients. We start simple: build meaningful relationships with patients and their families, then layer on resources to help our teams provide excellent care. Our facilities are all new and designed around a model of comprehensive, personalized primary care. We emphasize the use of technology to improve care quality and make life easy for our providers. We are a team of highly motivated, work hard/play hard individuals who believe in the mission of providing excellent primary care.
- Observing and recording patient encounters/examinations
- Documenting patient information, history, and diagnoses
- Assisting in medical management
- Documenting medical decision making
- Consultation with the care team and other providers on patient needs
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Applicants committed to ongoing learning that are interested in a full time short-term (1 year) or longer term opportunities. We are especially interested in recent graduate/gap year/deferred acceptance premedical students looking to gain practical, paid experience in a patient care setting prior to applying to medical, dental, nursing, or physician assistant school.
- Advanced communication skills.
- Ability to type 70+ words per minute.
- Basic level of medical knowledge and/or a willingness to learn quickly.
- Ability and willingness to take direction and be a member of a team providing patient care.
- Excellent job attendance. (Our providers count on you.)
- Ability to work approximately 40-45 hours per week (full time position) with predictable hours and protected break times.
- Compliance with hospital and Oak Street Health policies, including HIPAA.
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- US work authorization
Why Oak Street? Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company, focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
- Brand new, beautiful working environment
- Supportive and fun culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers Please also feel free to check out the article about our “Ninja” program below: http://catalyst.nejm.org/informatics-ninjas-save-primary-care/