Position Title: Dental Practice Operations Manager
Effective Date: 06/15/2017
Position Summary: The Operations Manager provides management experience and supervisory skills that will further advance the dental practice philosophy and achievements. The Operations Manager is responsible for all Practice operations to facilitate the maximization of resources (human and automated) to achieve customer satisfaction, productivity, schedule adherence and economic goals.
1. Be the project leader and direct point of contact for new building process.
2. Maintain constant communication with Construction Manager.
3. Follow construction documents for new building project
4. Maintain budgeted costs vs actual
5. Maintain approximate timelines vs actual
6. Develop, maintain and implement formal Practice policies and procedures;
7. Evaluate the staff to insure performance goals related to production, clinical quality and regulatory compliance are met;
8. Participate in management meetings and annual planning processes to support Practice objectives and implementation of the strategic plan;
9. Create high levels of team spirit, patient satisfaction, productivity, efficiency, and operational success
10. Effectively leverage all internal and external resources, communications, and systems
11. Implement the overall and established long-term and broad view plans, goals, and general philosophies as established by Executives
12. Create strategies, targets, timelines, and budgets to achieve objectives in a timely manner
13. Maintain executive level awareness of Practice health, performance, and growth using:
14. — Effective written communications
15. — Data analysis and summary reporting
16. Ensure the necessary:
17. — Completion of timely reviews and resolution of personnel issues
18. — Documentation of and appropriate access to all Practice policies, procedures, and protocols
19. — Practice compliance with all local, State and Federal laws and regulations, including HIPAA, OSHA, and other governmental and non-governmental professional requirements
20. Maintain key performance metrics for successfully running the practice.
21. Successfully supporting doctors in a timely manner and resolving any of the non-clinical aspects of: patient complaints and questions, staff concerns, and leading customer service audits.
22. Travel and time spent at both offices as needed.
23. Oversees daily activities of the Practice to maximize scheduling and real-time utilization of resources.
24. Reviews ongoing performance results to targets. Takes corrective measures with authorization, escalates as needed.
25. Participates in weekly, monthly and annual planning process as appropriate.
26. Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency/effectiveness.
27. Keeps dentist-in-charge promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
28. Recommends salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals.
29. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
This position manages and has responsibility for all employees of the front office and hygienists at all locations and is responsible for leadership, performance management, and hiring of all employees within the Practice.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Standing 50%
• Sitting 50%
• Moderate noise levels from dental and other Lab equipment.
• Dental, office, and lab setting (?).
• Ability to move and work between two locations.
• Minimum lifting requirements of 35 pounds in order to transfer equipment and pack and unpack supplies.
• Frequent client and interoffice personnel interaction.
• Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Must demonstrate excellent communication skills - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business management or equivalent and 3-5 years of experience. In lieu of degree, 8-10 years of operations experience.
2. Experience in supervising, coaching and developing staff.
3. Excellent people management sills
4. Excellent project management skills
5. Previous dental, health care management a plus.
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.