The ideal candidate is a people person who will be able to prototype and design new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems, and integrate new features or improvements, all with the aim of improving business efficiency and productivity. Applicants must possess a high level of technical expertise and clear insights into current business best practices with the ability to relate to people at many different levels.
Candidates who are selected for in-person interviews will be expected to present some of their previous prototype work, as well as create some mockups based on a pre-interview assignment that will be provided by the agency.
- Work closely with business units to translate business requirements into highly specified project documents
- Develop prototypes that allow the users to visualize their requirements
- Define application needs by conferring with business units and evaluating procedures and processes, including analyzing and reengineering business processes
- Act as liaison between the business units and the developers
- Liaison with external and internal end users
- Map and document interfaces between legacy systems and new systems
- Document computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements
- Work closely with internal and external IT teams in software design, construction, and testing standards of new or enhanced applications
- Identify and address cross-project dependencies and impacts
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications, including operations and user guides.
- Assist in training users on new or enhanced applications.
- Experience with developing interactive prototypes for web interface portals and/or restricted access applications.
- Ability to deliver incremental business products in an Agile environment
- Experience in testing of new or enhanced applications.
- Background in database design (indicate applications used)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to use proven problem-solving approaches
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work closely and foster relationships with business and development teams
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities, both independently and as part of a team, in a high pressure environment with changing priorities and with minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to vary communication style based on audience
- A results oriented individual who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours which could include Saturday or Sundays
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications