Sr. Java Developer
We are seeking an experienced candidate who can assist with leading, designing and developing a suite of Web Services which will form the basis of advanced application development. The ideal candidate will have expertise in designing and creating REST based Java Web Services using leading open source and industry standard technology stacks. The individual will be able to operate in an iterative development environment for the full life cycle development working with development, DevOps, BA, PM and QA teams.
This is a long term contract in Sandy Springs (Glenridge Area). Must be able to work onsite.
Key Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of Java development (back and front end)
- 6+ years of Java Web Services design and development background
- Experience with Java Persistence Architecture (JPA) using tools such as Hibernate or OpenJPA
- Solid experience with JMS/MQ Series
- Web services security covering SSO, authentication and authorization
- Experience in the healthcare, retail and/or home improvement Industries is a plus.
- Recent experience developing and implementing Java based Web Services, primarily in a REST model, but experience with SOAP is a plus.
- Experience with major Open Source Java tools such as Tomcat, JaxRS, Mule, and RabbitMQ.
- Experience developing, deploy, test and maintain technical assets in SOA environment, web services and integration
- Experience with build and development tools like Jenkins, Sonar and Maven.
- Facilitating requirements gathering sessions and be able to translate business needs into proper solutions.
- Participate with architecture team in technical evaluations, solution and design approaches discussions
- Design, build, test and deploy highly scalable, high volume Java based Web Services following a traditional REST model.
- Perform code reviews and mentor other team members on the proper approaches to web services development.
- Able to work both in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Responsible for actively supporting complex projects or programs from the Software development standpoint to drive the development of multiple applications.
- Responsible for support to the team in achieving priorities, goals and strategies with key stakeholders.
- Provides objective advice, expertise and specialist support skills with the aim of creating value and maximizing growth, or improving the business performance of their clients.
- Ensures that development activities are on a path to deliver benefits realization.
- Ensures collaboration with key functional partners in the implementation of initiatives.
Readily recognizes solution and determines at what point issues require escalation to management.